Thursday, June 6, 2019

Developing space for authenticity to take shape


I have found that my authentic self is my best self. This self surprises me everytime for what it can offer and stresses me out lesser than my otherwise-self, as it is is not influenced by comparisons and sources it's contents from inside rather than outside. But this authentic self does not surface too often and for it to appear more often than it does today, I think I need to do the following and I think this will help anybody else who wants to do the same.

-Allow it to happen when it happens. Let the thoughts flow when they do. Do not let anything disturb your thought process.

-Give it chances to manifest itself. Talk, write, think, argue  to let yourself get comfortable with being authentic and to resist the urge to align with rest of the world.

-Introspect to see what drives you to acknowledge and encourage authenticity. Examine if it's healthy or if it perpetuates or satisfies any unhealthy values like the need for approval from others

-Don't be guilty of pursuing authenticity since you might have to avoid distractions even if they are from a good, reliable or loving source.

-Be generously curious about things you want to be curious about. Try some new subject (something you are not curious about) once in a while, read, talk or get to know about that.

-When you feel bored, dry in your mind, uninspired, not feeling curious about anything, don't be desparate to get your best self on track. Just stay put. It's a natural cycle to get back to yourself.

2 comments: